Job Hunting Tips
Becoming a great job seeker requires some skill and a lot of common sense. If you are a regular reader of this column, you have certainly read many of these tips before but they are worth repeating.
1) Make sure you follow directions when completing the application. If the application asks for information provide it, do not write "see resume."
2) Develop a resume for every job—it’s not a one size fits all deal.
3) Research the company so you can be knowledgeable about their products or services.
4) Dress appropriately for the interview to make a good first impression. Do your homework to find out what the proper attire is for the job you are seeking.
5) Be nice to everyone you meet during the application and interview process. And continue to be nice if you get the job!
6) Send a thank you email to everyone you interacted with--send it immediately. It never hurts to follow up with a handwritten note.
These are just a few basic tips to help you stand out from the applicant pool! For more job search assistance, visit one of our local Workforce Centers.